Friday, March 10, 2017

How I Got Started Making Crafts


I have always been excited about making something from nothing.  When our family began to have financial difficulties, I decided to try my hand at making crafts.  I am willing to tackle just about anything. 

I had dabbled earlier with making crafts, but I did not continue with it.  After must wrestling with the idea of making crafts I decided to give it a try. Actually when I started to make crafts it was a lot of fun.  I learned make crafts everyday.  Later, I started an online craft store.  You can visit Little Paradise Marketplace at http://littleparadisemarketplace.ecrater.com 

I knew I should blog to help others who love to do crafts.  Remember, I said I will tackle just about anything.  Well, I am now trying my hand at blogging.  I think this will be fun and at the same time get someone else interest in making or buying crafts.

My first project was a simple one.  It was decoupaging a set of coasters.  The steps are very simple.  You will need:  4 ceramic tiles, Mod Podge and a paint brush.

I simply took wallpaper and cut out pictures I liked to the shape of the tile.  Next, I took the Mod Podge, brushed it on the tile and place the picture on the tile.  Then I brushed Mod Podge over the image and let it dry.

I use the glossy Mod Podge which gives your work a great sheen. I did this 3 times, letting it dry between applications.  After it has thoroughly dried, I use Mod Podge gloss acrylic sealer to give it a protective covering.

Here is the final product.


These are Amazon affiliate products below.

    BeFrugal.com Members

No comments:

Post a Comment